Monday, December 29, 2008

Welcome

Welcome to Rise and Shine with the Roes. We decided to use the phrase "Rise and Shine" because of a childhood memory. I'm sure all my brothers and sisters can hear, see and smell the same memory I do when they hear "rise and shine". Let me try to help you experience "rise and shine".
Saturday mornings (or Sunday mornings when church was in the afternoon) started off with my father coming to our doorways and announcing "Rise and Shine" and then he'd sing da da da dada da da da dadada to the tune of William Tell Overture. We'd get a wiff of pancakes slathered with butter cooking, some Classical Masterpiece like William Tell Overture or Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture playing in the background and many of us riding our cushion "horses" around the living room.
Little did we know, these Saturday rituals would become some of our greatest memories and we would want to recreate them when we became older. So the rituals live on with this blog...hopefully we will post some memorable moments about the Roe family.

4 comments:

Momma Sarah said...

Yeah!!! Welcome to the blog world! Dalton (and the rest of us) can't believe how big Haydn is now! Yes, I remember those pancake William Tell mornings! Those were the best!

Boyd Box said...

Aww...can we have one of those this next family reunion??

Unknown said...

I'm sooo behind with the computer but you are the first blog I've been on!!! What a sweet family --it is great to finally meet (see) the family that you have. --BONNIE

The Roes said...

Sarah -- that picture was taken a couple months ago, so you'll be surprised at how much he's grown now.

Liz -- Adam says he'll wake you at 4am singing the dadada part.

Bonnie -- I'm so glad that you visited and finally got to see us!