Thursday, April 29, 2010

Candy

Growing up, I remember my mother talking about how my oldest brother could smell sugar. She said she could buy candy when he wasn't home, hide it, and the moment he walked in the door he could find it. That skill must be hereditary because Haydn can do the same thing. The first time I went to work, Haydn found candy. My boss has since purchased candy so Haydn can have some when he's there. When we go to my parents' home, Haydn walks in and right to any candy they may have...and not just any candy, but all the candy.

Today at work, Haydn found some Lindt Chocolate Truffles (which I happen to enjoy myself) and wanted to eat them. I had to put them on top of the refrigerator to keep them out of Haydn's reach. I came back to the kitchen a little while later and Haydn had a kitchen chair pushed up to the refrigerator and was crying because he couldn't reach the candy.

This evening at home, Haydn grabbed one of his folding chairs (it goes to a kid's card table) and pulled it into the kitchen. He opened the pantry door and pushed his chair up to the shelves. He climbed onto his chair and got himself a dum dum.

I love that he can help himself, but there is very little that I can keep out of his reach. Ahh...the joys of candy and what it can teach children. By the way, every time Haydn eats candy he says to me "mmm, 's goooood mommy".

2 comments:

Boyd Box said...

I blame my candy addiction on my kids. Well, mostly Emily. I didn't even want it until I was preggers with her! We don't buy it very often because once it comes in, it is devoured...and not just by the kids (actually, I think they could care less).

Momma Sarah said...

LOL! Monkey boy! My kids do the same thing!