Sunday, May 23, 2010

Graduation

Friday night we had the privilege of visiting my parents and getting to be part of my baby brother's, Jake, graduation. I am still in denial that he is old enough to be graduating from high school...Graduated from high school. Jake has grown up to be a fine young man. He is a gentleman and respects our parents. He always helps when asked and is quick to help out when not asked. He has a good head on his shoulders. He is very talented in multiple areas, and knows when he should go after something and when to let it go. I am very impressed with him and am thankful he is my brother.

Every year the school has a mural on the wall for the graduating class. (I know, you can't see him very well.)
All the Lasley's who were able to attend. We are missing quite a few!

Jake and his very awesome basketball coach, Coach T. (Jake and Coach T have a relationship I have never seen before. They both respect each other and I imagine will be good friends for a long time.)

The next day we went to Sectionals for Missouri Track. Jake does the high jump. His personal record was 6'2" and had only done it once before. At this track meet, he easily cleared 6'2" but missed the 6'4" mark. He is going to State and took 2nd in this meet. I am very amazed at his ability to do this, he just kind of sails over the bar and doesn't think anything about it. The track coaches don't know much about high jump, so he has kind of been on his own on how to do it all. Mind you, he is 5'11" and lost to a 6'6" guy. Sadly, I didn't get any pictures but I DEFINITELY will for State!

Congratulations Jake, I am so impressed and happy for you! Love you!

1 comment:

Boyd Box said...

YEA!!! Congrats to Jake! He IS amazing.
We have such a great family. Too bad we're all spread out and can't get together very often. =(