Saturday, July 24, 2010

Cake Boss

We have enjoyed many shows via Netflix. One of those being Cake Boss. It's a silly reality show about a guy who makes and decorates beautiful cakes. I must admit, I would LOVE to try some cake and eat the modeling chocolate. =) Haydn enjoys watching this with us and it is clean enough for him. He has proven that he is picking up on all things we do, say, and see. Since watching the show, Haydn has shown interest in helping in the kitchen. He's always enjoyed helping load or empty the dishwasher. Like everyone else when working in the food industry, he started out a dishwasher. Now he likes to crack the eggs, shake seasonings into sauces and stir. It's a little frustrating sometimes, there are days when I just don't feel like cleaning up any extra messes. However, I try not to discourage his interest in cooking/baking and helping in the kitchen. (I think it's great when a guy knows how to cook!) Haydn has asked a number of times for me to make some cookies. I said I would make them and then every single day, something would come up to keep me from making them. Last night Haydn pulled out a cookie sheet and handed it to me. I asked him what he wanted me to put on the pan and he said "Oh NO! No cookies! Mommy, cookies please." How can you say no to that? Then he gets into a drawer and pulls out the cookie scoop. He proceeded to hand it to me and said "Here Mommy. Cookies!" So, I made cookies. Haydn did help stir the dough though!

No comments: