Wednesday, September 25, 2013

The End is Near...

at least for our time in this house. We have had our love/hate relationship with this house, but at the end of the day it was/is our home. We will always have memories of our home here and are sad to leave. However, we are super anxious for this next chapter in our new home. I'm sure we will have a whole new set of love/hate issues with the new place, but we'll cross those bridges when we get there. Some things we will greatly miss: Haydn being able to go ride his bike around the neighborhood and not worrying, our 'family walk' route that is about 2.5 miles including hills, the parks close by where the boys can go hit balls off the T and play soccer, knowing that people are watching for Emmitt in the streets (he really is an escape artist!), laying on the front lawn watching for shooting stars, living so close to our longtime friends, and our friends of the last 20 months. It's amazing what we take for granted and don't realize it until we are leaving or it is taken away from us. Thankfully we aren't moving too far so we can still visit all our friends!

We are really looking forward to a VERY short drive to and from work for Adam. We also look forward to Adam being able to have lunch with us if he wants (which will be super helpful after this baby comes...and expected at first). There's several other pros' to this list that I won't get into now.

The move starts tomorrow and I'm super anxious. I am ready to get it started...AND over. I look forward to my mother-in-law being here this weekend to help with the boys (I know that wasn't what she wanted the visit for, but I will be forever grateful for the help and piece of mind she is giving me). I'm ready to get things settled and prepared for our new addition (the crib set up, clothes ready for him, meals and snacks ready in the freezer, etc). I'm also ready to get settled back into our schedule again and not have to worry about packing (or unpacking). I remember always loving to move when I was younger but now that I'm the mom moving, it's not so much fun!

Hopefully we won't be offline too long, but if it takes awhile for me to post again it's because we are!


No comments: