Saturday, June 5, 2010

Dora the Explorer

Haydn has really enjoyed Dora the Explorer lately. I'm not sure why he likes her so much, but I know it is definitely influenced by his best friends, Ashley and Alyssa. One of the malls around here had Dora there and I thought it would be fun for Haydn to get to see a "Life sized" Dora (and I missed taking him to see Curious George at our library). That was a BIG mistake.
First of all, I do not enjoy long lines...I guess I like to be VIP and cannot stand to wait in a line.
Second, when a character is coming to VISIT the mall for just a few hours, do not show up late if you plan to go. At 11:15 (15 minutes after Dora was scheduled to show up), the line was already winding down one of the longest wings of the mall.
Third, if there is another activity planned with the character visiting, expect the location to be that much more crowded.
Forth, know what the character is going to look like. I was expecting someone dressed up in a Dora Costume...the big head and all. Not some girl in miss matched clothes, a purple back pack and a horrible wig.
Haydn and I walked by the Dora and he didn't even recognize her. So, we didn't wait in line to visit Dora. On a side note, I think Haydn would have really liked Dora's Side kick, Boots, if he were there.

No comments: