Saturday, May 7, 2011

Chores, chores, All I do is Chores

That's going to be the song Haydn is singing before too long. He always wants to help with everything and to help him develop those skills, we've given him chores. One thing he has to do is gather all the little trashcans in our house and dump them into the bigger one. It's actually quite cute watching a little 3 year old 'taking out the trash.' I'm so thankful he wants to help, most children do.

I have had a hard time staying on top of my chores. Our schedules have changed so much and my energy level is so low these days. There are a few things that I must stay on top of or else we all will suffer. Since we are rearranging our house, I have a couple rooms that need a little work and one that needs a lot of work. When rearranging things, I need Adam's help. He's been so busy between work and his calling at church. So, little by little right?

2 comments:

Boyd Box said...

That's how you eat an elephant, so they say. Of course, I've never had an elephant rotting in my house to demand a faster consumption of the thing, but I also don't see the need to blow up whales (ask Dad if you don't know the reference). Basically, things really will keep. Don't fret. It's more important to spend time as a wife and mommy than to keep a house spotless.

The Roes said...

Spotless, my house is not. It is most important to be a mommy, not just a mom. But thanks for the reminder.