Thursday, March 5, 2009

Feels Like Spring

I started walking with a friend from church and our children (she has two and my one). After the kids are so good and let us walk for about an hour, we let them play. Sometimes we walk at the mall...mainly when it's too cold to be outside, but we'd prefer to walk outdoors. So, she told me about a park that would be perfect for walking and for giving the kids a place to play. She wasn't kidding! This park has the coolest material around the play area. It's kind of like rubber, but solid, but cushy. I'm not sure if I can describe it any other way. The best thing about it is...it's NOT muddy. So it's great for a toddler who falls over still and her little one who isn't walking quite yet. Haydn likes to keep up with her older girl and he doesn't understand that she has more skills. He also doesn't understand that if he walks off something, he's going to fall and get hurt! Anyhow, the funniest thing happened today at the park. Haydn has decided he LOVES slides. (He's not too fond of swings, but loves the slides.) So he's ready to go down a slide, but is acting a little scared. So, I run around to the other side to get up there and slide down with him. As I was running, my friend's little girl decided to 'help' Haydn go down the slide...face first. I actually saw the whole thing, and she really was just helping him. He also flew off the end and landed face first on the ground. Naturally Haydn cried, but he was perfectly okay since the ground is cushy! I'm sure it hurt, but mostly he we scared. I wished we could have recorded it! That would have been funny. A few more visits to the park and he'll learn the laws of gravity a little better.

2 comments:

Boyd Box said...

I know I already heard this story, but reading it again is hilarious! So funny. Seriously, kids are great. I'm sure the poor girl felt bad. They don't know their own strength sometimes (like when Emily accidentally head butted Eric a couple nights ago).

The Roes said...

That's funny because Haydn just head butted me (where else...my nose!).