Thursday, July 2, 2009

Expensive Taste

Adam has always 'accused' me of having expensive taste. What can I say, I like the finer things in life. I picked him didn't I? hahaha I have apparently passed the "expensive taste" gene on to Haydn. We have moved Haydn to a 'real' bed now and we were looking for the railings you can put up so the child doesn't fall out of bed, as it would be a BIG drop. We thought we'd check out Bed Bath and Beyond. So, while we were walking around Haydn and I stopped at the sheets and bedding section. Haydn walked down an isle with his finger on his lip and every now and again he'd tap it. Since Haydn's room is a "Nautical" theme, I'd like to get some navy blue bedding with maybe some red, yellow, and white pin stripes in it. Anyhow, Haydn found some "bedding in a bag" and grabbed it. It would have been PERFECT for his room. I told him to go show it to Adam. So, Haydn immediately turned and started running for his daddy! When he got to Adam, he shoved the bag at him. Adam asked if he wanted it and he kind of made a noise that sounded like "Yea". I think Adam might have purchased it for Haydn if I hadn't warned him to check the price. When I saw the price I just about died laughing. The set was like $140 and we'd still need sheets! I guess we're in for it!

2 comments:

Boyd Box said...

Sounds like Haydn needed to either be in Priesthood with Eric or RS with me this past Sunday. We found a lot of good articles that would go along with the talks from GC. I'll have to send you the links. It is good stuff and we are trying to do better at the "fix it up, wear it out" motto. Eric just transformed one of the little chairs we made Emily into a stool so she can actually stand and wash her hands at the sink. It's fun to recycle (though, we aren't being psycho about it either...oh, and BTW, that's close to Emily's new word of the week: psychotic).

Caryn Allen said...

I have a MILLION 20% off coupons for Bed Bath and Beyond. I get two every time they send them and although they have expiration dates on them, they will take them for as long as you have them, no questions asked. You can use one coupon per ITEM, so it's nice. If you want a few, just let me know! I'll hook ya up.