Saturday, August 7, 2010

Early Morning Running

I have fallen in love with running. I love the way I feel when I'm finished, love the way I can enjoy a dessert and not feel guilty, and love the compliments I get from people as I get in better shape. I try to go running four days a week. I go with a couple friends in the mornings before our families get up. The problem with this setup is 3 families and 3 different schedules. We try to plan our runs to work where all three of us can be there and accommodate one if a day doesn't work. Unfortunately Adam found out he could go work with his brother-in-law this weekend too late for us to make those accommodations for me. All is well, I just made Haydn get up early with me this morning and took him on the run with me. He was quite the trooper. It was a little bit chilly (really chilly compared to lately) this morning. I believe it was somewhere close to 20 degrees cooler than what it has been. He sat quietly in his stroller and ate some dry cereal. I can't tell you how happy I was that he was so well behaved. It's moments like this that make me feel like I am doing SOMETHING right as a mother. =)

No comments: