Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Train Rides and Horses

Haydn outside the Train museum in Jefferson City. I LOVE this picture or him.
Jonathan and Haydn inside the same train museum.
Waiting for the train to come pick us up.
Having fun looking out the window and playing between seats.
Haydn's BIG step off the train. Glad to see Daddy here too!
The Roe family after our train ride. We wished Daddy could have joined us!
Last Friday my MIL came and picked up Haydn and me to go back down to her house. We stayed the night and the next morning we rode the train to Kirkwood. We had a lovely picnic close to the train station and then went on to the Magic House. The train ride was definitely worth it and I know Haydn had fun. This morning he came into my room and was playing around. We heard a train blow it's horn. Haydn looked at me quickly and asked "What that?" to which I replied, "I don't know, do you?" He yells "a TRAIN!" I then asked him about our train ride from Saturday and asked him if the train blew it's horn as it was coming up to a road and he said "no, passing road." A few moments later he says "Choo-choo" and I asked him what it was. He said "Nother train!" He loves his trains!

Adam had to run up to Hannibal for a 30 second visit to one of his sites for work. I thought it'd be fun for Haydn and I to tag along, since it is kind of a long drive and he was only going to be doing something for 30 seconds...literally, that short. So we went into Hannibal and walked around the Historic District. While we were there, a horse was pulling a trolley. The driver stopped and offered Haydn to feed the horse an apple and told him his name. Haydn LOVED feeding Barney, the horse, and pointed him out every time we saw him. We also walked down to the river. We saw a barge and a few boats. Walking to the river, we had to cross a couple train tracks too. Haydn thought it was cool to get to STAND on the train tracks.

2 comments:

Momma Sarah said...

AWWWWW! He's such a cute little kid! Sounds like he had a BLAST! And, what a fun 'little' trip up to Hannibal!

Caryn Allen said...

You guys look great!! We miss you!