Sunday, July 3, 2011

Happy Birthday America!

I know, I'm a day early. If I don't say anything now, I'll miss it. Soooo...Happy Birthday America! I am so thankful for the freedoms we enjoy and the men and women who made and are still making that possible. I don't want to forget the families of those men and women. I know it's a huge sacrifice for the families to send their loved one off to war and wonder if they will return. I always get teary-eyed when I see soldiers. They will never know how much their job means to me personally.

Adam and I have been watching a show with a heavy military presence. The characters are either in the military or married to a soldier. I am also reading a book series that takes place during WWII. With those two current influences of military in my life, I feel like I need to show my thanks that much more. I just don't know how to show it. Sure, I've seen the youtube videos about signing "thank you" to soldiers, but do they really appreciate that? I don't know.

I know, this is a holiday about our Freedom and not to thank the military. However, our freedom wouldn't exist without the military.

Happy 4th of July everyone! Enjoy it, be safe, and remember those who made/make it possible.

No comments: