Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Graduation

Being the mother to a toddler, I try not to 'push' my child into doing too many things. However, he's showing just about all the signs indicating that I need to start potty training him. This would be fabulous! I LOVE the idea of a potty trained child. I know, he's really young. You do need to take the child into consideration, and like I said before he is ready.

I've read where you need to time potty training and bed transitions together. Why potty train a child when he's in a crib and can't get out to use the restroom? So, Haydn has graduated from a crib to a toddler bed. Last night was the first night he slept in it, and it was a success! He actually went to bed awake and wanted to go to sleep in his bed. We're so thrilled that he made it through the night without falling out of bed. I shouldn't be so surprised, as he has taken naps on the couch and doesn't fall off.

Now, we begin the saga most parents call "Potty Training." Wish us luck!

6 comments:

Caryn Allen said...

Oh my! That's going to be fun...

Yesterday I thought to myself "I'm bored." Then I thought, "Rachel's usually home during the day, right? Why aren't I hanging out with her more often?!" Then as I was going grocery shopping around 10:30, I saw you and Adam taking off somewhere. I was waiting at the light of Veterans Mem. and highway K and you pulled up in the turn lane. It figures!

The Roes said...

Oh Yeah, Adam usually has short days when the weather is cold...and snowy. We should definitely hang out more often!

Boyd Box said...

Best wishes on the potty training. I've discovered (or perhaps, admitted) that I don't know how to teach a child anything. Emily was so easy to transition and she did most of it on her own. I have a video I forgot to send in your package on potty training. It has some songs on it about going in the potty that I thought you and Haydn would "enjoy". I'll bring it in April if he isn't potty trained by then. =) Good luck!!

Momma Sarah said...

Oh! He looks like such a big boy in that picture! Just remember to take it slow and easy and you'll do fine. Good luck! My recommendation for a potty seat/chair is the less pieces/crook and crannys the better!

Momma Sarah said...

Oh and to Boyd Box (I feel silly saying that, but you know, it's fun and people will know who I'm addressing this comment to - giggle, giggle) - my first one was the easiest in that department also. #2 kid, as you know, was also VERY different in just about every aspect. Just when you think you've got it down... nope, you really don't!

Boyd Box said...

I think the passwords they make us type in are a secret way to get us to "mormon swear"...I've just had to type two of them that if said aloud would have sounded like I was cussing!!