Saturday, January 10, 2009

Redecorating and Giggles


Today, Haydn and I cleaned the house. Not the every day kind of clean, but major deep cleaning, the kind where you move furniture to vacuum where you haven't vacuumed in a long time (this is important if you are going to have a hairy dog). We kind of 'redecorated' too! Haydn was pulling on my legs as I was washing some dishes. He so desperately wanted to be a part of what I was doing. So, I put him on the counter so he could watch what I was doing. He thought it was the greatest thing in the world that Mommy was playing with the dishes in a bubble bath in the sink. He also helped out a little by splashing some water. After we cleaned and redecorated, Haydn let me know that he approved of the changes.

This weekend Adam is away, working with his brother-in-law. It stinks that he's away over night and makes parenting a little tough. I won't get the reprieve that I normally do when Adam comes home. After our long day of cleaning and Haydn realized that Daddy wasn't going to be home anytime soon, he decided that he wanted to play with Mommy. This isn't normal for Haydn as he loves to play by himself. If you play with him then he'll play, but it is rare that Haydn will persuade you to play with him. Anyhow, he wanted to play a tickle game. After some time of tickling he realized that he could flip backwards off my lap and onto the floor, with some help of course. So we flipped and tickled. After he was tired of that he climbs behind me and proceeds to pull me so I squish him between myself and the chair. When I thought he was finished, I stopped and tried to play something else. Each time I pulled him out from behind me, he would crawl back and make me squish him again and giggle his sweet little giggle. I guess the day was fulfilling for him, because he brought me a blanket, climbed into my lap and went to sleep. He really is an awesome kid!

2 comments:

Caryn Allen said...

Oh how sweet!! I can't wait for the day that Lili gets big enough to do that! We can still play, but it's not the same. It's just me making a fool of myself and her smiling and laughing at me. :)

Momma Sarah said...

My kids always like playing the 'squish' game - even Dalton at 7 1/2 yrs old! Of course, we've got all kinds of new rules, but it's still 'squish'!