Monday, January 12, 2009

Nightmares

Last night Haydn was acting tired around 7:30, which is about an hour too early for him to go to sleep. I've heard parents say that their child can go to bed anytime and they will wake up at the same time they always do the next morning. This is not so with mine. If he goes to bed an hour early then he wakes up an hour early. It doesn't stop there either! He then needs to take a nap an hour early, eat his meals an hour early and then goes to sleep another hour earlier. It's a mess! He also gets into the grumpiest moods when he does this. So, I tried to keep him up until at least 8pm. I guess I made the evening too fun, because the rest of the evening was a nightmare! We went through many charades of getting Haydn to go to sleep. When we thought we had the battle won, Haydn proved us wrong and jumped up and climbed onto his wooden rocking horse (the same horse he always wants help climbing onto). He started giggling and having the best time! So, I let him stay up as late as he wanted. I didn't think that I'd be going to bed around midnight. The last few moments before he fell asleep, he tried to walk around his room but was too tired to stand up. He started crying because he couldn't. I picked him up and he went to sleep rather quickly. Finally, I had tamed the beast.

The best part of Haydn going to sleep so late was that I got to sleep in. Adam had to get up and go to work at his normal time, but Haydn and I slept until about 10 am! This is perfect because his first nap of the day will be when he usually takes his 2nd nap and the 2nd nap will be when he goes to bed for the night! Hallelujah! At least I won't have to fight him again for a while again. Honestly, Haydn usually is not this hard to get to sleep when we are at home. When we're visiting family...that's a whole different story!

No comments: