Friday, March 26, 2010

Great News!

I called all the veterinarians in O'Fallon, Animal Control, and the shelter our animal control takes the animals today. I left messages for them all to let me know if anyone called or brought in a black and white husky. We went on numerous walks and drives between 8pm and now. We couldn't find him, nobody had turned him in. Finally this afternoon I thought to call St. Peter's Animal Control. They told me to come in anytime today or tomorrow when they're open. So we hopped into the car and headed over to St. Peter's Animal Control. I had grabbed some pictures and was scanning through them just in case we needed it. I found a cute one of Drake and Haydn when Haydn was about 5 months old. I said "There's Drake" and at the same moment a white truck drove by with Drake in it! Adam quickly made a (legal) U-turn and we rushed after the truck. We honked at him so that he would pull over. We pulled up next to him and he looked at us and said "I hope you're looking for a dog". Drake was excited to see us and we were so excited to see him. We immediately went back home and I called all the places that I left messages and informed them that Drake was found. The St. Peter's Animal Control informed me that we could micro-chip Drake for $10 (which is much less than what we remember it being a couple years ago). So, for $10 Drake is micro-chipped and we will be waiting for a call if (or when) he escapes.

2 comments:

Boyd Box said...

I'm still amazed by this! And, it's good to know that microchipping is so inexpensive. Glad Drake is back home!

Momma Sarah said...

OH! SO glad you found him! I was getting teary-eyed that he was going to be lost forever!