Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Summertime Barbeque

I guess I enjoy bringing on the new seasons. I absolutely love the fall and spring. I love the drastic change in weather. The spring goes from bitterly cold to pleasantly warm and autumn goes from pleasantly warm to bitterly cold. For some reason though, the autumn's bitterly cold seems romantic to me so it doesn't seem bitter in any way or form. The summer and winter months are kind of boring to me. The meal ideas get worn out during those months too. Anyhow, I can always think of a meal that is perfect for autumn or spring. Obviously I wrote about my perfect autumn dinner a few months ago. A couple nights ago I made the perfect spring dinner. We grilled hamburgers and hot dogs. I served homemade (mom style) mashed potato potato salad, BBQ beans (a little different than baked beans), hard cooked eggs, corn, and fruit. It was fabulous! I think I would have added cucumbers and onions (mom style of course) too if I had the cucumbers. It was so good and now I am ready to BBQ more frequently. The perfect dessert to go with that would have been lemon bars, but I kind of ran out of time.

I will cherish each day I get to spend outdoors and have the windows open. Quoting Haydn "Fresh air, nice." I hope there are many more pleasantly warm days ahead.

Here's to a few months of BBQ and good eating! Looking forward to watermelon!

No comments: