Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Reading

I love days when Haydn wants to read. He's always been really good about sitting in my lap or next to me and letting me read to him. His imagination is taking him away lately. This morning he was laying on the floor with a book (Little Drummer Boy) and he is making up the story to go along with the pictures. He knows the story as it is one of his favorite books and Christmas songs. However, he doesn't let the story follow what he already knows. He had a parent telling the little drummer boy to "put those drum sticks down!" and the little boy complained that he didn't want to. Then he had Mary talking to baby Jesus in a sweet voice saying "I love you my sweet baby boy" (something I KNOW I have said to Haydn). It cracks me up to hear some of the things he has in the story line and then others I know he listens to everything I say. Ahhh...the joys of being a mother.

2 comments:

Boyd Box said...

That's so cute!

Momma Sarah said...

Those are some of the BEST Mommy moments! Makes some of those worst ones easier to swallow!