Friday, February 25, 2011

Squirrels and Surprises

Attack of a Squirrel 
Okay, so it wasn't really a squirrel but it would add to my complete disgust with the furry creatures people find so 'cute'. BLECH! Haydn was jumping on my lap and I tried to hold him closer to me to avoid him bumping into a pregnant lady in the play area today. I'm not sure how, but I managed to scratch myself with my ring. At first I thought it was just the top layer, but then it started bleeding and now it is actually quite painful. It hurts to use my pinky. I showed it to Haydn, which he looked very concerned about. I asked if he wanted to kiss it and he looked at me like I was gross. He said "Yuck! No way!" I'll remember that when he wants me to kiss something gross. =)

Later today we had a play date at a friend's home. I was a little late and Haydn actually fell asleep on the way. He has been so tired and not feeling the greatest this past week (he fell asleep yesterday about 5pm and slept until 7am today) that I considered taking him home so he could nap. I'm VERY glad I decided to stay because it was a play date plus a SURPRISE birthday party. Those tricky ladies! I had no idea. Laura ~ you sure can keep a secret! I told Adam about  it and that I had contemplated coming home and he told me he wouldn't have let me. HE KNEW TOO! The funny thing about all this planning is: I have been working extra days these past two weeks and was possibly going to miss the play date. Apparently Adam had called my boss to see if he needed me for today and told him what was going on. Yesterday afternoon my boss called me and told me that he didn't need me for today which I was super excited about. I was going to ask if I could take a couple hours off to go, but this made it so much easier! Haydn had a great time, I had a great time, and I am so thankful for such wonderful friends. Quite a bit of planning had to go into this and makes me feel all the more loved. Thank you my dear sweet friends. What a wonderful birthday you have made this one!

3 comments:

Boyd Box said...

What great friends! Of course, I don't like surprises and even less when I'm the subject of the surprise, but I can appreciate it for other people.
And, I'm sorry I couldn't comprehend the squirrel-ring story via text. What can I say, I'm still a blonde after all! hahahahah

Danny and Laura said...

Glad you like the suprise and had fun. We are all glad that you decided to come even though Haydn had fallen asleep.I had fun getting that cake made and keeping it hidden from you since you were over here the night before.
That scratch looks worse than it did right after it happened. Hopefully it heals quickly.

Momma Sarah said...

AHHHHHH! Squirrels!!!!! LOL! What great friends you have there. Laura and Co., hugs from me for taking such good care of my sis! (Especially since I didn't call her on her birthday!)