Wednesday, April 6, 2011

I want to Go to School

I have been trying to get Haydn as much time as I can with his friends who are moving hundreds of miles away in a couple weeks. We are so incredibly sad at this move but so happy for them. I invited the younger of the two girls over for a play date while older sister was at preschool. Haydn asked where this older sister was and I explained that she had to go to school. His response..."I WANT to go to school!" He has been working on the alphabet for a long time now and he will NOT learn the letters in order. Nor will he learn how to count correctly (I will NEVER miss count something again to play with a child as this is what he does to us, EVERY TIME!). So, I told him that he needs to learn the order of the alphabet, count correctly and learn how to write his letters before he can go to school (he won't be ready for kindergarten for 2 years!). He said ok and has been working on it ever since. He'll tell me the first letter of something and draw it in the air with his finger, he is counting better and is even trying to learn the alphabet song. His favorite part of the song is "x, y, and double z, next time won't you sing the a, b, c's." I try to correct him, but also find this so adorable. I love to hear him sing songs too. LOVE HIM! I also hope he is still this anxious to go to school when school comes around.

1 comment:

Boyd Box said...

Emily went through a phase of doing things incorrectly even when I knew she could give the right answer. We did a "pre-school" playdate once a week and she suddenly decided getting the right answer every time was better. Best thing from doing that "ps".
Gianna is learning to trace the letters and sings along with Emily when we get to school. We have no idea why, but every day Emily sings as fast as she can, the alphabet song. Sometimes she gets through it twice before we get into the parking lot. It's hilarious and we chuckle every time.
I think there should be a "double z", too. =)
(And the word I had to type was "putionsi"...which would be how Emily would write "put the "i" on this"...hahahahah)