Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Benefits of Being a SAHM

What is an "SAHM?" That's short for Stay At Home Mom. I have thankfully been blessed to be a SAHM for the majority of Haydn's life. I love that I get to be with him every day. I'm not saying that there are not challenges and I do not get frustrated, but over all, I love to be home. I do feel sorry for the mothers who have to work and have to allow someone else to care for their child. No matter how great the financial burden has been and still is of being a stay at home mother, I do not regret staying home. I'm not going to list all the benefits of being a SAHM, but there is one in particular I will point out. I do not have to wake Haydn in the mornings. Most mornings, he sleeps until he wants to get up. (I no longer have to wake up to an alarm clock and feel so much more refreshed my self!) Now that church has moved to starting at 9am, we have to wake Haydn to have plenty of time to allow him to eat, bathe, get him dressed, as well as getting ourselves showered, fed, and dressed. He also does not get the best nap in on Sundays either. Haydn's naps usually require him laying down in his bed so he can stretch and move as he needs. At church, we must hold him while he sleeps. So, this evening at approximately 8pm, I wasn't surprised to find Haydn like this...
Poor guy is so tired! Hopefully he'll sleep through the night. FYI Adam did put him in his bed.

3 comments:

Boyd Box said...

He's so cute! I love the 2 soothies he has. Why just use one?
I, too, love being a SAHM! It's the best job ever. And, anyone who doesn't think it is job needs to spend a day in the life. Getting monetary reimbursement does NOT classify something as being a job.

The Roes said...

I didn't even realize he had TWO soothies! That's just an added bonus. I guess he always have to have one for each hand. Maybe that's why he really fell asleep so quickly, he was thoroughly 'soothie(d)'. =)

Momma Sarah said...

Awwww, another cute picture! I had to go back and look more closely at that picture to see the 2 soothies! That's so funny! Being at home with your kids is like no other thing on earth, that is for sure!