Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's Day

Don't be expecting some sappy story from the Roes. We don't celebrate Valentine's Day. In fact, we believe it's a lame excuse for people to send flowers, get chocolate, and show their love the way they should every day. Adam thought he hit the jack pot when I told him I don't really prefer the holiday (it's too close to my birthday...make my birthday special, not a Hallmark holiday). However, I do enjoy the discounted candy after Valentine's day (as long as you aren't giving it to me for my birthday!). So tonight, we decided that we were going to have a junk food/movie night as a family. We got some candy hearts. I know, they're disgusting...but there's something nostalgic about eating them (along with candy corn and candy canes). Haydn LOVES them too! It was a nice end to our usual Family Walk at the mall (yes, we are mall walkers...don't be hating us that we didn't gain the usual winter 10 pounds!). [FYI - The economy looked awfully stimulated tonight at the mall!]

I do want to wish my Brother and his Wife a Happy Anniversary! Congratulations on Five years! I hope you had the opportunity to celebrate, even with the crowds at the restaurants.

2 comments:

Caryn Allen said...

We're not big Valentine's people either. We went to Blockbuster and bought 3 movies for 20 bucks, got Bellacino's take out and had a fun night in. When are we getting together again? ;)

Boyd Box said...

Ditto on not celebrating V-day in the traditional manner. It's become an unspoken tradition to share our love with others on this day.
Love your stinkin' guts, Seniority Sexy Pants!