Thursday, August 27, 2009

Always be Suspicious when they're Quiet

The other day I was doing a little reading and enjoying the peace and quiet of the day. Haydn was happy and was playing with his bikes and trucks. He likes to drive them all over the house and pick up toys and put them in whatever toy he's playing with. He drives them around to different destinations. More often than not, Haydn finds one of his zillion balls and takes it to a basketball hoop his Grandma Nene got him. He had been 'gone' for a long time and the house was quiet...too quiet! So I went around the house looking for him. He wasn't in his normal places. I started to see if he was hiding or something like that (we sometimes play hide-n-seek when Adam gets home from work). I couldn't find him! I noticed that the bathroom door was closed (Haydn LOVES to close doors, it makes him feel like a big kid. If I'm on the computer, he'll close the door to the computer room and wave as he walks backwards out the room.) I open the door and sure enough...there is Haydn, in a pile of toilet paper! He was standing so innocently in the corner. I wish I had thought to grab the camera before I went in.

A few days later, I was doing something on the computer and Haydn laid on the floor behind me. He was singing and I didn't think anything of it. Then it got quiet...again. I don't really know how long he was quiet, but long enough to express his artistic side...again. This time he colored on his legs! Earlier that morning I was making breakfast and he started coloring on our refrigerator right in front of me! I made a sad pouty face and he tried to wipe it off. I hope he won't do that again, but who knows about the skin.


Haydn has discovered his artistic side. He makes sculptures out of...
toilet paper.
Proud sculptor here.
Haydn was very proud of his masterpiece. (I think he looks a little like Jeremy here.)

Haydn's next medium was...
Flesh.
Every mother needs to have pictures of their child's 'flesh art'. I'm pretty sure my mom has a picture like this of everyone in my family.
Again...the happy artist.
The day Haydn discovered that pens write on flesh was the same day that he discovered you can see orange crayon on a black refrigerator. I talked to my mother-in-law that night and she told me to tell Haydn to put his artwork on paper so Grandma Nene could see it. She's very good at giving ideas like that to help stop potential disasters. I hope it works! Those faces he made make me a little nervous for what's to come next.

2 comments:

Caryn Allen said...

He is getting SO BIG!! Ah man, I can't wait till our kids grow up and marry each other! ;)

Momma Sarah said...

LOL! Beware those budding artists! The whole world is their canvas! I just noticed the other day that Abby wrote her name with pencil on the napkin holder... hmmm... Have fun with this new 'adventure'!