Monday, August 24, 2009

Fund raising

I am not a fan of fund raising. I actually look forward to the kids in the neighborhood going back to school so that the evenings are quiet and I don't have to fret that they will wake Haydn. I know...I sound much older than my actual years. I digress...when the kids go back to school, EVERY SCHOOL in the area starts fund raising. I think they don't stagger it because the fund raising in the middle of the year will be pointless and everyone will have already emptied their pocketbooks on the kids who were fortunate enough to do their fund raising at the beginning of the school year. So, we get every kid in the neighborhood stopping by our house asking us to buy something. Sometimes it might actually be worthwhile, but more often than not I do not want to spend the extra dollars on some fancy wrapping paper, over priced food or even magazines "at an all time low price that can't be beat". What stinks even more is that I know that I'll have to help Haydn out with his fund raising when he gets to school age. So word to the wise...CLOSE YOUR GARAGE DOORS! If the garage door is open, they know you're home.

1 comment:

Boyd Box said...

I hear you on fund-raising. It's ridiculous. I understand the point, but it frustrates me. I'd rather give them a dollar that they can put straight towards whatever they are wanting instead of purchasing a product I don't want nor will use.
My biggest pet-peeve?? Definitely those who allow their children to sell at church!!! This is so extremely offensive to me...I just better stop on that thought right now.
Anyway, it's ridiculous and I have more to say about it, but perhaps I should just rant over the phone than on your blog. =)