Monday, August 31, 2009

Chivalry is Not Gone

I go walking about 5 days a week with a good friend of mine. We love to walk outdoors and try to find parks that allow us to walk around them and get some good mileage and also good play equipment for the kids to play on afterwords. When the weather does not cooperate, we go to the mall and walk there. I had taken a week off from walking because of shinsplints and wanted to give them the proper amount of rest they needed to heal. So, today we walked indoors. While the kids were playing I received a call from my mother-in-law saying that she and my sister-in-law and nephew were driving by Lake Saint Louis (very close to us) and wanted to know if we wanted to meet them for lunch. Sure! We don't get to hang out that often and Haydn is awfully shy around them, so we'll make the effort especially since they were here. On our way to meet them, Haydn fell asleep. The poor kid. I ordered my lunch and was waiting for it before I went and sat down. While I was filling up my drink and holding on to a sleeping child, a man walked up to fill his drink and asked if I needed any help. I thought I could do it, but when I went to pick up the tray I almost dropped it. So he carried it to the table where my family was already sitting. Chivalry is not gone! I am surprised every now and again by how kind people really are and was amazed that a stranger was willing to help me when my hands were already full.

Thank you kind sir!

2 comments:

Momma Sarah said...

It is quite refreshing to know (and see it for myself) that there are kind and caring people out there. When I flew with Dalton and Abby by myself a few years ago, there were people that helped me get on and off the plane and to my next one/baggage claim. I wanted to give them all a huge hug.

The Roes said...

You described it perfectly, it's refreshing. It was refreshing to me and I loved it!