Saturday, September 5, 2009

Comedian

Haydn has discovered that if he does something we find funny, we'll laugh. He'll then proceed to do what he thinks we laughed at over and over again. Last weekend we went to visit one of my best friends and her husband. Haydn quickly became the husband's shadow. He warmed up to him because the husband asked for a 'five'. By the end of the weekend, Haydn was giving everyone a 'five' anytime someone asked for it. Again, it's probably because we laughed at it he first time. Anyhow, last night he did something to make us laugh again. I will warn you, it's not as funny describing it as seeing it. Adam asked Haydn for a 'five' again. Haydn just looked at him and then looked at me. So I asked him for a 'five'. Haydn proceeded to look back and forth at Adam's hand to my hand. What was so funny was the jerking movement of his head. He was exaggerating his head movement. We both started laughing and Haydn continued to do it the rest of the evening. He'd be sure to stand where moving his head back and forth could be exaggerated. Funny kid!

Today we are getting together with Adam's mom, step-dad, sister and her family along with a cousin and a few other people. His mom and step-dad are staying the night up here but opted to get a hotel with a pool so the kids could swim. The guys are going to a football game (they do this every year...I hear it's the last time this game is going to be played up here) and the women are staying back with the kids so they can swim.

Haydn LOVES to swim. We told him that he gets to go swimming with Grandma Nene. So yesterday he found his infant life vest and wanted me to put it on him. He waddled around the house for a while in it and once he fell over. The life vest did it's job, he couldn't flip over and be face down! Of course he couldn't get up at all either. When I got him back on his feet, he took me to the door to get to the car. He was whining "Nene...Nene, now....Nene!" Haydn doesn't say his grandparents' names that often so I thought my mother-in-law would love to hear him saying her name. So we called her and I told her about what Haydn had done. The phone call wasn't that long and by the time I hung up, Haydn was asleep in my arms, with his life vest still on! I laid him down so he could take a nap. I guess he's afraid of a big flood or something. =) He only slept for 40 minutes. When he woke up I took the life vest off and his shirt was soaked! Sadly, he didn't go back to sleep until we put him down for the night.

Another sad note, I didn't get to take a picture of him sleeping with the vest on with my camera. My camera died from the time I took pictures of him standing in his life vest to when he fell asleep. However, I did get it on a cell phone and a video. I'll post the pictures I have as soon as I figure out how to get the pictures from the cell phone to the computer.

2 comments:

Boyd Box said...

He's so funny! I love watching kids grow in their personalities and humor and imagination. It's hilarious and amazing!

Momma Sarah said...

That's hilarious! I wanna see those pictures! Sorry I didn't get a chance to call you back yet. I will, I promise!