Friday, September 18, 2009

Innocent Injuries

A couple nights ago I decided I would try to go running with Haydn (in a stroller of course). I've taken a few weeks off due to injuries and illness so now I have to start over to prevent injuries again. I digress... Haydn had been running around in just a diaper and shirt, so I really needed him to get some pants on before we left. He was in a really great mood and was jumping around. I asked him to step into his pants and he came over, put his hands on my shoulders and attempted to hop into his shorts. And that is when it happened. When Haydn jumped up, he smashed the top of his head into the bottom of my chin. I proceeded to bit the entire inside of my mouth until it bled. My tongue got it on both sides and bled. I thought that was the extent of my 'injury' but I learned last night that it was not the case. I have a bruise on one side of my tongue and another one on my the inside of my cheek on the opposite side of my mouth! I know he didn't do it on purpose, but it hurt none the less.

1 comment:

Caryn Allen said...

Aw man! Mouth injuries are the worst! They always turn into really painful cankers or the like. :( You need to stop getting sick/hurting yourself!