Friday, September 11, 2009

Finally...

After three days of being sick, waking up sick in the morning and going to bed sick at night followed by sleepless nights, I am finally on my way to getting better! The last three days have been pretty rough. I have no idea what it was I had, nor do I wish it on anyone. I have not been down this long since I had the flu just a few weeks after Haydn was born. By no means was it as severe, but debilitating none the less.

Haydn was the best through it all! We had our rough moments, but overall he let me relax when I really needed it. (After all, a mother must go on even when she's sick.) One of the evenings while Adam was working, I let Haydn play outside. My head had been pounding so hard, and no relief in sight, that I could not longer stand the sound of his voice ricocheting off the walls any longer. Not that it was bad, but anything sounded 10 times louder than what it probably was. Anyhow, after letting him play outside this is what I found....




Okay, so it's not really what I found. I was a little too slow to getting or thinking about getting the camera to get a picture of Haydn. Just as an image you can think of, he looked like one of those little boys who worked in the coal mines sorting coal. But, this is what his clothes and the bath tub looked like after his bath. He really is 100% boy!

Adam was a trooper too. I think I felt the worst last night. After a very long day at work, Adam came home and made dinner for us all, let me go to bed and took care of Haydn the whole evening! My two guys are the BEST!

I'm still not back to 100%, but at least I can read something and comprehend it as well.

Now, to get the house back in order from my little 'vacation.' Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Caryn Allen said...

Aww I'm glad you're starting to feel better! Me, too! If you need anything in these last two weeks before we move, let me know!

Oh yeah, we need to get you guys your Bumbo back!

The Roes said...

Thanks Caryn. I'm so sad to see you guys go but I totally understand that you need to get out and become your own. It'll be nice to make friends as a couple.

You can bring the Bumbo to church if you'd like, or I can come pick it up. Not a big deal. We'll get it. Also, if you need any help packing or someone to watch Lili, I'd be happy to help.