Monday, September 14, 2009

Yet Again...

Adam is in Columbia again helping his brother-in-law. I really do not like those trips. I get very lonely even though I have Haydn here. I feel like a single parent when Adam is on these overnight trips. I start to feel sorry for myself that my husband is gone and that I have to do everything by myself, including taking the trash out. I'm not afraid of cleaning and taking care of my home, or raising Haydn mostly by myself. I know that it is a sacrifice Adam makes for our family. He works a lot of hours and is always willing to help when needed.

To get myself out of the 'poor me' attitude, I think of single mothers. It makes me thankful that I am not a single parent and that I do have Adam to help me the majority of the time. Adam is a great father and a wonderful husband. I have to remind myself that at least he's only gone two nights instead of forever.

Even with those thoughts, I still feel lonely.

2 comments:

Caryn Allen said...

For a couple months, Artene would be out of town for a whole week at a time. It was HARD!! I feel your pain, sister!

Momma Sarah said...

It's hard to adjust to DH here and DH not here - even for a day. I find myself getting into the 'routine' and if it gets messed up or changed I get 'out of whack'. Hang in there!